What We Do
Building Heroes is committed to empowering men and women to heroic action through a commitment to personal & organizational values.
For more information, please contact chad(at)risepartnerships.com
We provide a challenging, empowering, and meaningful leadership and personal development program.
Building Heroes is not a bystander intervention program; it is a leadership skills challenge that is designed to challenge participants to embrace their own identities and values, to learn how to align their inner selves (identities and values) with their outer selves (behaviors and language), both in specific situations and throughout their lives, and to provide them with the skills to create positive change in their own lives, their organizations, their communities, and the world.
Participants experience the hero’s journey through challenges, discussion, experiences, and reflection.
- Call to action for a challenge that you, your organization, your community, or your world is facing
- Crossing the threshold from the choice to live an ordinary life to the choice to live an extraordinary, heroic life
- Meaningful exploration of your behaviors, beliefs, fears, and values
- Challenging experiences that will equip you to be a hero for a moment and for a lifetime
- Practice addressing a challenge you, your organization, your community is facing in an intensifying, but supportive, way
- Producing a written plan to empower others to live extraordinary, heroic lives, and to create positive change in your organization, your community, and your world
- Joseph Campbell,
- Dr. Philip Zimbardo,
- Social Change Model of Leadership Development
- Ethical and moral frameworks
- Leadership theory
- Student development theory
- Participants will aspire to a higher ideal of self, of organization, and of community
- Participants will demonstrate increased personal confidence and self-efficacy
- Participants will apply a comprehensive ethical framework to personal, group, and community settings
- Participants will identify behaviors and situations that are incongruent with personal, group, and community values
- Participants will respond to behaviors and situations that are incongruent with personal, group, and community values
- Participants will develop and explain a strategy for creating a culture that positively challenges others to demonstrate heroism in their own lives, their groups, and their communities
- 1 hour keynote presentation
- 4 to 8 hour interactive program for up to 80 people, with an option for an immersive overnight program
- Custom programs for your campus, community, or organization
- The Hero’s Journey, a comprehensive leadership skills challenge with an emphasis on social change
- Continuum of Hazing
- Heroic Arts
- Hero Building Organization
- Custom topics to address challenges in your community or organization